Thursday, March 17, 2011

What a Week!

Wow! It's been one of those crazy weeks and it's not even over yet! We haven't really done that much, I guess, but it seems like we're all exhausted. Tuesday and Wednesday I babysat a two month old little boy plus the other two I babysit and Landon. This house was crazy for a couple of days! I can handle three, but add that fourth one and, man, am I tired. I guess I had forgotten how much work a baby is. Especially when it's not yours. Of course, it doesn't help that he is spoiled rotten. 
Our Bible study went well last night. We found out that all of our regular people are going to be traveling next week. Our pastor spoke to a lady who said that she would be there next week. We'll see what happens. Hopefully she will come. 
I wanted to share with you something that I read in my devotions this morning. In Isaiah 22:11 it is talking about how the people were trying to protect Jerusalem and how they built ditches to make it more difficult for the enemy to get into their city. The last part of the verse says, "but ye have not looked unto the maker thereof, neither had respect unto him that fashioned it long ago."  How often do we try to do things on our own without any consideration that it was God who gave it to us in the first place? We must never forget God and His blessings and gifts. God was the one that created the city for these people, yet in their haste to protect the city, they didn't even ask God for protection. They seemed to completely forget about Him and did things on their own. This was a real blessing and challenge to me this morning. Even in the small things, remember God.

No comments:

Post a Comment