Saturday, October 8, 2011

God is So Good!

Wow! God has been so good to us! It amazes me more every day how much He loves and cares for us even though we have done nothing to deserve it. My husband and I were talking about this last night. Our bellies were full, our pantry is full, and our closets are full of clothes (and shoes). What have we done to deserve this? Nothing! I'm about to start preaching.
The church has been doing great! We have had a visitor every week so far. Two families are still coming that were at our first service. We have already had a baby born in the church (she is absolutely gorgeous, by the way!). The men are on a canoeing trip today and the ladies are taking a trip next Saturday. We have definitely been busy, but it's a good busy. Again, God has been so good to us!
I have already learned alot about being a pastor's wife in just the five weeks that I have been one! 1) My husband and I can't do everything! It takes alot of people to make Sunday "successful" if you don't mind my using that term. I am so thankful for the people God has given us to help us in this ministry. I don't know what we would do without them! 2) My husband needs me in a different way, now. I don't really know how to explain this, but I'll give it my best shot. He needs to know that I will support him in whatever he does. He needs to know that I am always willing to listen to him and his "bright" ideas. :) And that I won't laugh or joke about them. He needs to know and feel that I am always praying for him. He needs me to encourage him when he is discouraged about something. He needs to know that when he comes home, it is a shelter, a safe haven, for him. I know, I know. This sounds like what any husband needs, right? That's true, but I think it is so much more important for a Pastor to know these things about his wife. He has to stay encouraged and feel supported so that he can go out and do what God has called him to do. I pray every day that God would help me to be the wife that I should be. It's a hard job, but with God's help I can do it!
Well, this post turned out to be longer than I intended. I'll post more next week, or at least I'll try. :) Praying for all of you!




No comments:

Post a Comment