Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

This day is quickly becoming my favorite day of the year, not just because my husband does everything for me (although that is pretty nice), but because if really makes me so thankful to be a mommy. Think about it...God has given us a little human being to teach, nurture, love, and enjoy. What a responsibility he has given to us! Sometimes I see moms at the mall or somewhere and I wonder why on earth they even have kids. It's like they're completely oblivious to the precious child pulling on their shirt to ask if they can have an ice cream. Some mothers need to wake up and realize that they have a wonderful gift from God and they are to raise this child in a way that is pleasing to Him.
Raising a child is the most important job anyone could possibly have. It is also the most rewarding, but it's certainly not the easiest. You are teaching your child to grow up and be a responsible adult. It seems like an impossible thing to do, but with God's strength, we can do it.
Just last night as I was putting Landon to bed, I was cradling him in my arms, just looking at him. He was looking up at me with those beautiful grayish eyes and I just teared up. Even now as I write this, I am emotional. I thank God every day for the gift he has given me. I want more than anything to be the kind of mommy Landon deserves. I don't know that I ever will be, but I'm sure gonna try! I never knew that it was possible to have so much love in your heart for such a little person.
Mommy loves you, Landon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment